The monsoon is a favourite season for a lot of people. In fact, there are people who wait for the rainy season all year round to seek respite from the dreaded heat! But on some level or the other, the very same people dread the monsoons too, because along with the monsoons come hair troubles. The weather is sticky, there's too much humidity in the air and as a result, there's an increase in hair-fall/ hair breakage too.
Let's not lose heart people or hair for that matter!
How you ask?
Try to follow these 7 simple tips of hair care this monsoon:
1. Apply Coconut oil 15 minutes before you shampoo. The coconut helps in preconditioning your hair and controls the frizz which happens after you wash it. It is known to work wonders so try it out. Unfortunately, any other oil (olive or almond or mustard) doesn't act as wonderfully as coconut oil.
2. If you are in a hurry and haven't had the time to apply coconut oil then what you can do is wet your hair and instead of applying shampoo, first apply a good layer of conditioner! Yes, apply conditioner before you shampoo, keep the conditioner on for 5 minutes, rinse it off and then wash your hair with a sulphate free shampoo. Top it off with another application of conditioner and wash off. This will help in maintaining the shine and controlling the frizz.
3. Because your hair becomes sticky and dirty really easily during the monsoon, it makes sense to wash your hair at least thrice a week during the rainy season. Also, make sure to not use too hot water for washing your hair.
4. Dandruff can be a problem during monsoons, because of the humidity in the air. So, if you also tend to have dandruff then go in for a medicated shampoo as prescribed by your dermatologist to treat the problem.
5. Diet also plays a really important in keeping your hair healthy. Hair is a part of your body, so whatever you eat definitely decides the health of your hair. Go for protein rich foods like eggs, walnuts, and fish. Green leafy veggies, especially spinach, are again excellent for your hair.
6. We all love to get wet in the rain once in a while, right? After all, we all have that little kid hidden in us! But while it's okay to do that sometimes, make sure that you oil (coconut ) your hair before you go dancing in the rain and you shampoo + condition your hair immediately after.
7. Don't immediately comb your wet hair. Your hair are the weakest when they are wet. If you try combing then they tend to break. So, let them air dry after which you gently loosen the knots by running your fingers through you hair. Once you do that then you could comb them out.
Happy Hair! Happy Monsoon everyone!